Special Collab Post - Featuring Mom-Popstar + Dad-Popstar!

Me: Hey guys! So today's post is going to be a little different-
You guys: NO. DO. NOT. CHANGE. ANYTHING
!!!!
Me: O.o Why not?
You guys: BECAUSE.
Me: Because why...?
You guys: CHANGE IS BAD.
Me: This is just one of those special posts. You know, like how I had a special Cami Carver post?
You guys: Yeah..
Me: Not every post will be a special post.. Cause um.. Special posts are um.. Special. (:
You guys: THAT'S TRUUUU
Me: Yah.
You guys: CONTINUE WITH YOUR POST YOUNG ONE.
Me: Thank you e3e..

---

Heh, anyways..
As you can see from the intro, this post is going to be a little different! That is because, my parents wrote some of it! ^.^

Me and my Mom will be answering Coolcat and Sarah's Christian tags, then my Dad will be answering Sarah's Christian tag! So, let's get started!

---

Our answers:

Written by: Graciepopstar91

Coolcat's tag

#1 What is your favorite day to go to church?

Sunday is the only day we have a church service at our church, but we do have a Friday night Bible study. I'm not sure which I like better! They're both great. ^.^

Photo found on Wikipedia
#2 What's your favorite Christian holiday?

One word.
CHRISTMAAAAAAAAS
!!!
🎄

#3 What's your favorite Christian movie?

Whew, that's a hard one since we don't watch too many movies.. But, I'd have to go with Mandie and the Secret Tunnel, or God's Not Dead 2.
God's Not Dead 2 is a movie is about a lady going through court battles, because the school she works at wants to sue her, for answering a biblical-based question her student had. Check out the trailer/official website by clicking the image down below!


#4 Have you ever been to a Christian concert?

Yes! But it was a long time ago, so I don't remember too much of it. But, I think the Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, Plumb, and some other Christian bands were there. 
I'm super excited, because September 7th I'm going to a concert! I'm so pumped about it, I wish it was sooner.. Hehe. 
I'm not even joking, last night I had a dream we went to a concert with our church. It was weird, and Steven Curtis Chapman (who isn't preforming at the concert we're going to) was there.. It was a very strange dream..

#5 Have you ever been to a Christian theme park?

Sadly, I haven't. One day I'd love to visit The Ark, though I'm not sure that's a theme park exactly.. More of an exhibit I suppose.

#6 What is your favorite Christian book?

"Goliath Must Fall"! It's such an amazing book, written by Louie Giglio. It talks about how the giants in our lives must fall. The giants Louie covers in this book, are the giants of fear, rejection, addiction, and comfort. I feel after getting this book, reading it, and really focusing my gaze on God, has really helped me with my anxiety. I used to have anxiety every single night, but now, it's gotten so much better, and I don't get like that very much anymore.
Louie himself, had anxiety, so I feel I can relate to him better than other pastors.
Just last night, me and my parents watched his "Goliath Must Fall" sermon, and after we watched it, we talked (for like an hour 😳) about some of the giants we have, and I mentioned how some people say you need to trust more in God when you have anxiety, or you forgot God loves you when you have anxiety, but truly, as Louie said in his sermon, it's more about perspective of how you worship/see God. It doesn't have to do with trusting God any more, or any less. I realized that Louie never mentioned in his book (even though I'm not fully done with his book) or sermon, that you aren't trusting God, or you have forgotten God loves you. It's just the simple matter of letting God deal with the giant, and the perspective you have in worship.
So, sometimes the people you can most relate to, are the people who have been through the same thing you're going through.

I think after I finish reading this book, I might get "Waiting For You", also by Louie Giglio. It seems pretty good!

If you want to listen to his sermon (which has some similarities to the book) click the image down below!



#7 Who's your favorite famous Christian pastor seen on T.V?

Well, my favorite famous Christian pastor isn't exactly seen on T.V., but his sermon's are online.. We put one on the T.V. by connecting my Dad's iPad to the T.V... Hehe 😜.
My favorite famous Christian pastor is, of course, Louie Giglio! More of a description why is in question #6.

---

Sarahkey8's tag

 1. What is your all time favorite Christian song?

Gosh, that's a hard one.. I love so many songs, since I'm really into music. I really like It's Not Over Yet by for KING & COUNTRY, but I also like Even If by MercyMe.. I also like O God Forgive Us, also by for KING & COUNTRY.. Goodness, I just can't choose!

 2. Have you ever witnessed to somebody? 

Yes! I remember one time me and Coolcat were on Animal Jam together, telling this one person about Jesus (I don't think I did too too much talking though.. I don't remember, it was a long time ago). I remember they said they were going to ask if their Mom was a Christian. It was pretty cool! ^.^

3. What is your favorite type of Christian music?

I don't know exactly.. Uh- would some of the songs I said above be considered Christian pop? I don't know even.. Heh. 


 4. Have there been any miracles God has done for you? 

Certainly 😊. One of the miracles He's done for me personally, is helped me with my anxiety. Like I said in the first tag, reading "Goliath Must Fall", and focusing my gaze on God, has helped me with my anxiety. I still have a long way to go with my anxiety, but for now, it seems to be more under control.
But, how I found out about the "Goliath Must Fall" book, was a miracle in itself. At our Friday night Bible study, one of the deacons gave my Dad this small magazine/booklet (thingy) that had some books/group studies in it. On the front cover of it, was the "Goliath Must Fall" book. I had only heard one or two of Louie Giglio's sermon's at the time, but for some reason I had a desire to get more info about this book. I knew he had anxiety, and the sermon I had heard was about David and Goliath, and these giant's in our lives. So, why not look into this book?
On the way home from Bible study, I went on my Mom's phone, and only read a small little bit of the book, and I knew, I had to get this book. My Mom said that I would have to read the sample first, to see if it was even something that would hold my attention. I finally did, and Mom ended up getting it for me.
If the church deacon had never given my dad that magazine/booklet, I'm not sure if I would of even found out about the book. And now look, little by little, God is getting me past the giant of anxiety.

5. How many Christian masterpieces have you seen on Animal Jam? 

Uhm,
Oh dear..
I don't know..

I've seen some Christian music ones, my friend has given me a Bible masterpiece, I've seen a few cross masterpieces.. I don't know, hehe!

6. Are your Parents Christians? 

Yup! My Dad is a pastor actually. Yeah, I know I know, in the video's we've done he seems more like a comedian, but he is, indeed, a pastor. 😆

7. What is your favorite part of the Bible?

*Dances* Philllippiaaanssss 4:6 and 7!
Heh, make's me think of this one song by Seeds Family Worship.. It's called "Do Not Be Anxious (Philippians 4:6-7)". You must listen to it, it's quite catchy, hehe!


---

Written by: Mom-Popstar (Littlecooljammer)

Coolcat's tag

#1 What is your favorite day to go to church?

Well, we have our traditional Sunday church service but I really love our Friday night bible study we call Life Group.

#2 What's your favorite Christian holiday?

I'd have to say Christmas is, the day we remember our Savior's birth and it's the time most of our family gets together.

Photo found on Wikipedia
#3 What's your favorite Christian movie?

Hmm..this is hard one because I love all the movies that Sherwood Pictures have done but if I have to choose just one it would be 
War Room.

#4 Have you ever been to a Christian concert? 

Yes, I've been to several.

Photo found on Wikipedia
#5 Have you ever been to a Christian theme park?

No, I haven't.

#6 What is your favorite Christian book?

We'll I'm not much of a reader when it comes to reading regular books but I love reading the Bible and I read that everyday. Does a devotional book count? I'm enjoying this devotional called "Devotions for the Beach and the days you wish you were there."

#7 Who's your favorite famous Christian pastor seen on T.V?

Francis Chan, is my favorite. Although he's not one of those TV evangelist, he has great videos on RightNow media that you can watch on your tv :D lol



---

Sarahkey8's tag

  1. What is your all time favorite Christian song? 

"Good, Good Father"
 by Chris Tomlin

2. Have you ever witnessed to somebody? 

Yes and the one that made the biggest impact on my life is when my father-in-law, was in the hospital near death. I went in early to work, because I worked there, and I went in his hospital room and shared the gospel with him and he excepted Christ. A few days later he passed away. I'm so glad I was obedient to God.

3. What is your favorite type of Christian music? 

I like contemporary Christian music but I do not like some songs that include christian rap.



4. Have there been any miracles God has done for you? 

Yes, he has done so many miracles in my life, to many to share. 

5. How many Christian masterpieces have you seen on Animal Jam? 

I've seen several. I'm so glad when AJ approves them because there's some that my daughter as done and they didn't get approved.



6. Are your Parents Christians? 

Yes, both my parents became Christians shortly after I did. My mom passed away about a year and a half ago but I know she's with the Lord now.

7. What is your favorite part of the Bible?

God has given me such a love for the Old Testament. There's so much we can get from reading it. Do you know parts of the Old Testament talks about Jesus, who wasn't even born yet? Read some of it in Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22, I love it!

---

Sarahkey8's tag

Written by: Dad-Popstar (Dodgerblue827)

1. What is your all time favorite Christian song? 

There's a lot of songs that I really like, but if there is one song that makes me bow my head and worship every time I hear it. It's Mercy Me's "Word of God Speak". It starts out, "I'm finding myself at a loss for words but the funny thing is, it's OK." It's like when I have nothing to say, that's when God's Word can really communicate. 



2. Have you ever witnessed to somebody?

Oh sure. I'm a pastor so I witness, at some level in every Bible Study and sermon that I preach. I have done the one-on-one thing, just giving the Gospel to someone. I also would remind that we ARE a witness. A witness is someone who tells what they've seen or experienced. That what we are when we tell what we have seen or experienced from God. 

3. What is your favorite type of Christian music? 

I'm a fan of Air1 Radio, which is contemporary Christian. I like Toby Mac, Needtobreathe, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp and that kind of thing. I especially like songs that are tied to the scriptures. I like to hear why a person has written a song and know what it means to them. 




4. Have there been any miracles God has done for you?  

Where do I start... I like to say that I have to believe in Jesus because I have seen too much! One that happened a lot of years ago was when our son was just a toddler (He's 28 now). He was in his high chair and started screaming. We thought maybe his legs fallen asleep but it seemed to be more. He wouldn't walk or stand up, he just cried. We loaded him into the car and headed to the hospital. My wife suggested that we stop at church and pray for him. It was on the way and we had the key. We took him inside and set him on the stage and we got on our knees. He was still crying at first but we just poured our hearts out to God! Before we said Amen, that kid was laughing and running around the stage. That was one of the first real miracles that I've seen. 

5. How many Christian masterpieces have you seen on Animal Jam? 

Maybe one or two. Not really sure. Gracie shows things to me all the time. One that sticks out is DiVinci's Last Supper that someone did. It was so good, I thought someone had somehow scanned it in. 



6. Are your Parents Christians? 

Not really. Both of my parents grew up in church, but I'm not sure that they know Jesus in a personal way. If that makes sense. 

7. What is your favorite part of the Bible?

Book of Acts! Love it! It's the adventure story of the Bible! You have the disciples kind of scratching their heads in the beginning wondering what they are supposed to do now that Jesus has left. It continues with them growing into a community and then taking the message of Jesus out into the Mediterranean world. I would love to jump on a ship with Paul and head out to places where they have never heard about Jesus. (No shipwrecks, though LOL!)

---

Questions (made by Mom-Popstar):

#1: How did you become a Christian?
#2: Have you ever been to Christian Youth Camp?
#3: How do you serve in your church?
#4: What's the most funniest or embarrassing thing that has happened to you at church?
#5: Do you go to a Christian school?
#6: Have you ever shared your faith?
#7: What's your favorite Bible verse?

Now we tag..

Housemom418
Coolcat89252
Binx1184
Tiger07737 (A.K.A. 1nval1d)
Swirlshine
Lostfairy
Koolestkat

---

Huge thanks to my parents for answering the tag(s), and huge thanks to my Mom for making up the new questions, and for helping me choose who to tag!

---

Yes yes, I know, I was supposed to write 'Follow Your Dreams'.. But I promise I'll have a new chapter or two next week. So, stay tuned!

---

Here's todays Bible verse, chosen by Dad-Popstar!

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Remember, God made YOU!

Stay positive, be yourself, and spread God's Word everyday!



P.S. I got my shirt that my Mom ordered from Kara's Silver Sapphire Shoppe!
EEEEE

2 comments:

  1. That story about your son is amazing :D! (Which is weird to say sense he is 28 now lol)

    Thanks for doing my tag :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie-Popstar, CC's Tag, #7 -- Ooh, cool! :D I've never even heard of that band, as far as memory serves!

    Mom-Popstar, CC's Tag, #6 -- "days you wish you were there." XD I can relate some.

    Mom-Popstar, Sarah's Tag, #5 -- Yes, sometimes Masterpieces are approved, sometimes they are declined. Each moderator assigned to "Masterpiece duty" has to use their own personal judgement along with AJ's stated guidelines, as well as the fact that human error simply will slip in occasionally. Successful approval is really a matter of submitting the same artwork multiple times and hoping you hit a moderator that shares your views. XD

    Dad-Popstar, Sarah's Tag, #4 -- AWESOME! O.O

    Dad-Popstar, Sarah's Tag, #5 -- Yeah, the person who painted that is named Windycityblues, and they're extremely skilled. C: They've gained considerable repute in the Animal Jam community.

    This is SUCH a cool post! Mom and Dad-Popstar, it's very good to meet you! *shakes paws* CX

    Gracie-Popstar, New Shirt -- EEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XDDD

    (DXplorergirl)

    ReplyDelete

HomeJourney BooksLandsLore Beta Codes SupportGraphics Forum
Images and Text Copyright © Animal Jam Community and Smart Bomb Interactive 2010-2015
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...